Recent changes, enhancements, and bug fixes in Propelo.
- Added the support for test cases in the TestRail reports. You can easily switch between Test Cases and Test Executions, with certain fields removed from Stack, Aggregation, and Filter. Filters at the OU level remain, but Checkbox-type custom fields are no longer supported. (SEI-2799) (SEI-2798)
- Added a option "Include All Jobs" to dynamically select all jobs in the Lead Time and Mean Time tabs for both Dora and Velocity profiles. This means you can include all upcoming jobs without individually selecting them in the workflow profile. Any new jobs that are added will be automatically considered when the "Include All Jobs" option is selected. (SEI-2826) (SEI-2892)
- The hash route has been removed from the URL structure. Going forward, there will be no
#in the URL. Previously, we used hashes to route to pages in the format
<baseurl>/#/<url to page>. Now, the hash has been eliminated, and the format is
<baseurl>/<url to page>. All existing hash routes will be automatically redirected to the correct path. (SEI-2571)
- Added support for linked issues in the ES-Dependency analysis. With this you can expect accurate issue linkages and dependencies to help streamline your project management. (SEI-2771)
- RBAC support is added for dashboard and organizational unit (OU) level.(SEI-2165)
- OU Admin Role Enhancement: The OU admin role has been extended with new capabilities. OU admins can still map workspaces and OUs and modify their definitions as before. Additionally, they can now view dashboards associated with the OUs they are assigned to.
- Public Dashboard User Role: Admins can associate workspaces and Org Units with public dashboard users, allowing them to view only the dashboards associated with them. However, public dashboard users do not have the ability to modify Org Unit definitions. By default they will have access to all dashboards for all Org Units unless a specific Org Unit is mapped to them.
- This feature is currently behind the Feature Flag / Entitlement
ORG_UNIT_ENHANCEMENTS. Please contact SEI Support to enable.
- Added the support for four additional intervals in Trellis and Raw Stats - Last Week, Last 2 Weeks, Last 2 Months, and Last 3 Months. Trend graph feature is not available at this time, and we are actively working to address this limitation. This feature is currently behind the Feature Flag / Entitlement
FE-SHOW_TRELIS_NEW_INTERVAL. Please contact SEI Support to enable. (SEI-1192)
- Custom field configurations for the Jira integration have been moved to a separate tab called "Custom Fields" and the Hygiene configurations have been moved to "Hygiene Rules" for improved clarity. Please note that these changes do not affect any other aspects of the integration. This feature is currently behind the Feature Flag / Entitlement
CUSTOMFIELDS_HYGIENE_AS_TABS. Please contact SEI Support to enable. (SEI-2613)
- In the Jira Release Report, when using the pre-calculated widget, there was a bug that prevented the exclusion of stages from the total time calculation. This bug has been addressed and resolved. Users can now exclude stages from the total time calculation when using the pre-calculated widget. (SEI-2930)
- The SCM rework report displayed empty columns when using Gitlab integration. This issue has been resolved, and reports now display accurate data. (SEI-2820)
- In Sonarqube integration, only the "from" date was used in the ingestion query, which had limitations such as preventing job chunking during re-onboarding and a higher likelihood of encountering rate limits. This issue has been fixed to make ingestion more robust. (SEI-2635)
- Resolved an issue where the total tickets for the past time period in the Single Stat widget were incorrect due to a hard-coded limit in the backend. This limitation prevented data comparison for time intervals other than 90 days. This issue has been resolved and the UI now sends the correct data. This ensures accurate reporting based on the selected time interval. (SEI-2690)
- Fixed an issue in the TestRail Trend Report where the drilldown displayed all tests instead of only the tests created on the selected date. This issue has been resolved to show data of the selected date only. (SEI-3082)
- Users were unable to add certain custom fields in the Jira integration. This issue has been resolved and now you can seamlessly integrate the Parent Link, Primary Owner and Due date custom fields from Jira. (SEI-3001)
This release does not include hot-fixes.
- Users may experience difficulty distinguishing between Organizational Units (OUs) to which they have access and those to which they do not have access as a result of a UX issue in our Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) system at the Dashboard or OU level
- Existing users with ORG_ADMIN_USER privileges will no longer be able to access all PUBLIC_DASHBOARDS due to a Backward Compatibility Behavior Change in ORG ADMIN USER.
- Users will not be able to use the ORG ADMIN USER feature and the OU/Dashboard level RBAC feature separately.
- Starting with this release, the exclusion ability for the Sprint filter in all reports has been deprecated. Users will no longer be able to exclude sprints from their reports using this filter.
- SCM Coding Days Widget Enhancement: The single stat widget in SCM Coding Days now displays numeric values with two decimal places, providing more precise information. (SEI-2649)
- Enhanced UI for Pipeline Selection: The user interface has been improved to allow manual selection of pipelines or the option to choose all pipelines at once. (SEI-2715)
- Improved PR Linking: PR links in the Platform will now direct to the URL of your self-hosted instance of Gitlab SCM app, eliminating the previous defaulting to cloud URLs for a more personalized experience. (SEI-2712)
- Exclude "Other" Statuses for Lead Time Calculation: Introducing the option to exclude the "Other" bubble, encompassing Issue Management statuses beyond Workflow profile configurations. By excluding the "Other" stage, Lead time calculations will exclude time spent in these statuses. (SEI-2705)
- Introducing pre-calculation capability for the Lead Time by Time Spent in Stages report. This streamlines lead time calculations by pre-calculating data, resulting in faster fetching of information compared to real-time queries Pre-calculation can be enabled upon request, requiring a specific widget ID for granular control. (SEI-2673)
- Introduced enhanced rich text formatting options for the notes section with support of bold, italic, text and background colors, emojis, numbers, undo & redo, bullets, and links to make your notes more expressive and informative. (SEI-2333)
- Improved Dashboard Time Range Toggle Handling: Fixed an issue where dashboards created before the "dashboard time range" toggle was reintroduced in the latest release could not properly display data. This was due to a backward incompatible change that removed essential context from the dashboard. We have implemented fallback logic to correct this discrepancy, and dashboards created before the release will now properly display data when the "dashboard time range" toggle is enabled. (SEI-2770)
- The issues related to the "Contains" criteria for the Sprint filter in Lead Time calculation for stages. (SEI-2593)
- Improved Behavior of Custom Table Report Widget: The "Custom Table Report" widget has been updated to fix an issue that caused it to display inaccurate data when selecting Org Units with child Org Units. Previously, the widget would display a combination of self and child Org Unit data in bar graphs, even after refreshing. This issue has been resolved, and the widget now accurately displays data specific to the selected OU (SEI-2834)
- Addressed an issue where every job run was being updated by the latest fix from (ADO) triggered by an ongoing issue. To provide better control, we've incorporated a condition involving integration IDs while updating CI/CD job runs. (SEI-2684)
- 1.Ability to define baseline and have a trend line for the custom table report
- 2.Ability to view the Trellis scores for different intervals as a 'Public Dashboard' user and 'Org Admin' user
- 3.Support for Azure DevOps Release pipelines
- 4.Ability to render the Executive Insights widget as a custom report using propels
- 5.Drill-down support for single stat for Lead Time in Stages widget
- 6.Jira App on Marketplace ( Beta )
Behind a Feature Flag / Entitlement -
- 1.Support for more fixed Intervals introduced behind an entitlement in the Trellis-related widgets
- 2.Deployment Frequency - the ability to view the score based on different intervals
- 1.Approval time calculation changes in the Lead Time by Stage widget, DORA Lead time by stage, and SCM PR lead time by Stage widget
- 2.Ability to exclude any stage in the total time calculation for the DORA Lead time for changes report
- 3.Remove the ability to edit widget filters for the 'Public Dashboard' user and 'Org Admin' user
- 4.Issues Report - Dependency analysis fixes
- 5.Effort investment profile - UI enhancements for Category definitions
- 6.Loading active version automatically once the user merge is saved
Points to Note:
- 1.'ADO Releases pipelines' is supported only on new integrations - Existing integrations will have to be re-configured and please contact customer support if a new integration needs to be created for this support.
- 1.Jira Releases Report to display the number of releases performed in a given period along with its average lead time
- 2.Executive Insight Report based on Propels
- 3.Jira connect app, GitHub email fetch, User consolidation - Phase 1 ( Behind Feature Flag )
- 4.Trellis - Ability for the public dashboard user to view the scores for different time intervals
- 5.Issues Report - Epic as a stack to show Epic summary
Internal Defects -
- 1.Epic Summary is not shown in the drill-down.
- 2.Choosing specific epic ids in filters is not showing the Epic summary in Stacks
- 3.Dependency Analysis Criteria on Issues Report - Time-out fixes
- 4.TestRail fix for OU filter support on trends report.
Feature Flags / Entitlement :
Jira Releases-related features are behind an entitlement. Reach out to our team to get the access.
Fixed Customer Defects / Adoption Blockers -
Older releases -
- 1.Introducing a new navigation experience that includes a new Home page and an improved dashboard header to provide Propelo users with a contextual mind map of organizational hierarchies for more streamlined exploration of insights. Also introducing an improved, more flexible Org Unit hierarchy that is grouped under a new master entity called a Workspace. A Workspace also enables easier administration of Org Units using a built-in inheritance mechanism.
- At the time of creating a dashboard, users can associate the dashboard only to OU categories and not specific OUs. More targeted associations can be performed from Organization settings
- Admins will not be able to delete a workspace directly from the UI because of dependencies. Contact Propelo Customer Support for assistance
- OU-version related UI options are not available currently. By default, the latest version of the OU is used
- Known Issues: